Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.
~Alfred, Lord Tennyson, 1850
The year 2013 was really a great year to treasure, cherish and remember. For some people, 13 number may be unlucky, but for me, it was one great moment which was split up in 365 days.
2013 started off with the smile of my favorite actress – Amanda Seyfried. Her smile is enough to light up my spirits. Here I am listing up the eventful moments of 2013 that made up the year worth remembering
1) Connecting with new people – This was my first resolution to break the ice and communicate with people I was eager to. Communicating with new people not only built my confidence of communication, but it also helped to analyze human nature. The most beautiful moment of my life was to interact with the person I wanted to. I met, I talked and I befriended.
2) Writing 100th blog post – Finally the moment arrived !!! 2013 was a memorable year for me as the long wait to complete 100th article finally ended. It was like striking a century on the wankhede stadium. I am thankful to my god for giving me the wisdom, blessings and patience to embark on the journey of writing and fulfill the wish of completing 100 articles.
3) Joining E-commerce department – Joining E-commerce department in my existing workplace was another welcome change for me. It not only gave me an opportunity to enter a new domain, but also helped me to come out with fresh headlines for diverse products being launched on web.
4) Reading great books of great authors – The year started off by completing reading novel – Dear John which was left pending for a long time since 2011. Due to my personal and professional commitments, I didn’t find time to read this heart warming novel. This was the first full-fledged love story I thoroughly enjoyed after Romeo and Juliet. I appreciate Nicholas Sparks’ writings and his knack to handle sentimental stories in a refreshing way. Seriously, this book made me actually fall in love :). Invisible man, The Godfather, Ben hur and a walk to remember are the books I thoroughly enjoyed. But now I am looking forward to complete Amish Tripathi’s book – Immortals of meluha and Anne Frank – Diary of a young girl in the coming year.
5) Getting my work appreciated at Jehangir Art gallery – Writing an idea for aids awareness campaign was one more challenging experience for me. It not only got a thunderous response, but the ad was also kept for display at Jehangir art gallery. This was my first ad campaign and I felt really proud to be a part of it.
So far, these are some eventful things that happened to me in 2013 and I feel blessed for it. Hope that this journey of success and hope continues in 2014 too.