“Some books are so familiar reading them is like being home again” – lines from movie little women.
This quote holds a special place in my heart because it is written by Louisa May Alcott, the great author who penned the unforgettable novel – little women. Books are not just a bundle of pages, they are much more. To a loner, they are companions, to a reader, they are no less than time machine. Books take you to a different world, a world untouched by time. If you have read Alice in wonderland you will know what fantasy is and if you have read ‘the notebook’ you will know what true love is. 2014 was a good year for me as I got the opportunity to read books of different genres. Here I am looking forward to complete reading the pending books I couldn’t read in 2014 and start to explore the writings of new authors. Here is the list.
1) the namesake by jhumpa lahiri
2) kim by Rudyard Kipling
3) fault in our stars by John green
4) the longest ride by Nicholas sparks
5) the best of me by Nicholas sparks
6) the English patient
7) a farewell to arms by Ernest Hemingway
8) the notebook by Nicholas sparks
9) safe haven by Nicholas sparks
10) revolution 2020 by chetan bhagat
11) 3 mistakes of my life by chetan bhagat
12) paperback dreams by rahul saini
As for now these are some books that I have shortlisted to enjoy this coming year. Hope this coming year connects me with lots of new stories.